The Museum is located at Figline, a hamlet belonging to the municipality of Prato. It is a hamlet cherished by the citizenry, because here, on 6 September 1944, the very day that Prato was liberated, 29 young partisans belonging to the “Buricchi” Brigade, who were coming down the mountain from a place called Faggi di Javello, were caught by retreating Germans and hanged. Only as late as 2003 did investigators at last identify the author of the massacre, Wehrmacht Major Karl Laqua.
In memory of this tragic event, every year on the anniversary of the Liberation a torch-lit march starts from the nearby Via 7 Marzo and reaches the hill of Figline and the place where the massacre took place. The march is always attended by a great many citizens and authorities.